You Have Found a Home You Would Like to Rent What Happens Next?
There’s a lot of work involved in setting up and maintaining a tenancy. Below we have outlined the rental fees and charges that apply to tenants when initially setting up a new tenancy, throughout a tenant’s time in the property and to facilitate your exit of the property. Certain properties may command slightly varying fees these will be clearly stated when applicable.
Once you have decided on a particular property, you will be required, as with any financial commitment, to complete application forms so that we can discuss your application with the landlord and subject to their approval, we can then proceed to take-up references.
At this point we will require an original recent pay-slip and one other form of residential identification i.e. bank statement, council tax bill, credit card statement, mobile phone bill or utility bill and photographic identification i.e. UK photographic driving license, passport or for non-UK Nationals, an EU id card or passport.
Fees Prior To Move In
- First Person Application Referencing Fee – £200.00
- Additional Applicants – £100.00 each
- Guarantor Application & Referencing Fee – £75.00
- Tenancy Agreement Fee – £150.00
- Deposit Protection Fee – £50.00
- Inventory Fee – £75.00
- Month’s Rent In Advance – As Advertised
- Security Bond – £ “Based on one & half month’s rent unless otherwise stated”
- Pet Bond – £250.00 (If Applicable strictly subject to landlord approval)
“Please note that once you have moved into your new property, it is your responsibility to ensure that your possessions are adequately insured”.
During Tenancy various other Fees may apply, these will be noted on the addendum that is attached to your tenancy agreement:
- Tenancy Amendment Fee – £100.00
- Tenancy Renewal Fee — £50.00
- Late Rent Payment Fee £25.00 (If 48 Hours Late)
- Bounced Cheque Fee – £30.00 (If Payment For Rent Late Rent Fee Will Also Apply)
- Visit To Property To Make Contact With Tenant – £30.00
- Missed Prearranged Appointment with Agent, Landlord Or Tradesman – £30.00
- Replacement Of Lost keys – £30.00 per Key
- Replacement Of Locks Due To Lost Keys – £75.00 Per Lock
- Issuing Of Any Legal Notices – £50.00 Per Notice
- Future Referencing Fee (Letting Agent / Mortgagee) – £30.00
End Of A Tenancy
At the end of the tenancy on our professionally managed properties, the keys must be returned to our Offices on the end date of the tenancy. Shortly after this we will carry out a property inspection.
Fair wear and tear excepted, the property should be returned in the same condition and to the same level of cleanliness, with all dilapidations and breakages having been replaced or made good as at the outset of your tenancy. “No further works or cleaning should be required to re-let the property”.
We will take meter readings and write to the appropriate utility suppliers (gas, water and electricity) and notify the council tax department with regard to the change in occupation. We will require your forwarding address. We cannot instruct telecom suppliers, cable or satellite TV
Fees Applicable At End Of A Tenancy:
- Exit Check Out Fee – £50.00
- Additional Check Out Appointments – £50.00 (If Necessary)
- Arrangement Charge For Any Remedial Works – £50.00 (Cost Of Works Will Be Additional)
Please note: all fees are inclusive of VAT